Reduce Winter Feeding with Stockpiled Forage and Winter Pasture
Friday, August 25, 2023
Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center
1710 N Hwy 3053, Overton, TX 75684
Would you prefer to feed hay for 60 days? 100 days? or 150 days?
Here’s an opportunity to learn how to significantly reduce your hay feeding needs.
Nitrogen fertilizer prices have decreased from recent highs and continue to trend lower.
Winter pasture can be a good option to greatly reduce winter feeding costs.
- Stockpiled forage: management and utilization
- How many acres do you need of stockpiled forage and winter pasture?
- Cool-season forages and variety selection
- Establishment and fertilization
- Monthly and seasonal forage production potential
- Appropriate mineral supplementation
- Estimated costs
Register online at: https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/ansc-ev-028
Register before August 15th at 1:00 pm: $60/person
Register before August 23rd at 1:00 pm: $75/person
(Includes lunch and program materials)
Forage Extension Specialist
Soil & Crop Sciences
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension